Senior Health & Safety Manager – Renewable Energy
About the Company
Renewable Energy, and power usage is the most talked about topic at the moment and we are currently working with one of Ireland’s leading consultancies who manage a number of utilities programs related to power, transmission and distribution and water. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Health & Safety Manager who can work with their client work on projects to enhance their capabilities in the utilities sectors, while operating in a safe and protected environment. Power and Water are the 2 most important utilities in Ireland and so advancements need to be made in the operations of these areas. Health & Safety is integral in these advancements.
This client is one of Europe’s leading names in energy and engineering and carry a reputation of quality and innovation in the areas of Renewable Energy.
About the Position
Working closely with all levels of management, and with large clients, you will become the main central support in providing consulting advice and expertise in the area of Health & Safety. You will assess the current strategy and processes and create a robust division who are experts in the area of Health & Safety (H&S)
Within this role you are will:
- Manage the Health & Safety function across the group .
- Work closely with stakeholders and advise on best practice in H&S
- Manage and develop a team of health and safety specialist.
- You will be responsible for the QMS systems for the group.
- Create monthly reports on H&S across each division
- Take a proactive approach in regard to H&S and educate the company on policies and procedures.
For this role you are required to have:
- 10 years experience in Health & Safety
- A related qualification, NBOSH, IOSH
- An ability to educate people in the area of H&S
- Experience in engineering and construction
- Utilities experience in the areas of Power and Water is desired
- PSDP experience
- Consulting experience
- A full drivers license
The client offers an excellent package along with benefits. They also offer pension, a car allowance and healthcare. They have also incorporated a hybrid model and, as this is a senior consulting role, you will be responsible for your location of work on a needs must basis.
For more information on this position or other engineering roles, please contact Cathal on 01-5927850 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact him directly via email: