Head of Sales - Energy Sector
Our client is a leading company in the energy sector, helping blue-chip industrial and service customers in Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East, to reduce their carbon footprint.
The company delivers cleantech services in the form of energy efficiency upgrades to enable their customers to achieve their ESG strategic objectives (under the Sustainable Development Goal #13), to reduce their carbon footprint.
With their continued growth trajectory, this early-stage, high growth company is looking to appoint a Head of Sales, reporting directly into their CEO.
** Brightwater Executive has been retained exclusively for this key hire**
This is a newly created appointment and offers huge opportunity for the right candidate to drive their market growth for their leading service offerings across multiple jurisdictions.
Ideally you will have ten years’ + proven track record in a senior commercial role, selling products or services to large multinationals with a focus on scaling their customer footprint across Ireland and Europe.
As Head of Sales, you will be responsible for working closely with the technical team in further developing and driving their sales strategy and managing the sales operations of the company to achieve scale and continued growth.
- Define and lead the implementation of an effective, scalable business development strategy, including target sectors and geographies, to enable the company to grow in line with their ambitious business plans
- Understand target customer business objectives and needs and challenges, and build and maintain long term, strong business partnerships with them
- Own the entire end to end sales process from initial prospecting, sales presentations, pricing proposals, term sheets to contractual commitment with the support of the technical team
- Establish a close collaborative working relationship with the technical and financial teams in delivering sales targets
- Deliver daily/weekly sales activity targets; lead the weekly sales meeting with the Senior Management Team, reporting on activity, pipeline, market intelligence and matters for discussion
- Launch and manage an outbound marketing campaign using the company’s Zoominfo and Engage sales tools
- Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals.
- Proactively participate in the Senior Management Team driving the commercial agenda, in line with the Company’s priorities, values, vision and ambitions
- Monitor the market, understand and assess industry specific trends and effectively differentiate the company’s brand and product offering. Drive the development of the Company’s business
Key Stakeholders & Team Collaboration: CEO, Technical Director and CFO along with other members of the team.
The ideal candidate:
- Customer centric with a strong business development background of ideally 10 years plus in a senior sales role
- Experience in selling products/services to large multinationals in Ireland/UK/Europe and dealing with high-level procurement functions
- Well versed in opening new business opportunities in sectors such as FMCG, pharma, bio pharma, food processing, medical devices, manufacturing, services, telecom, utilities etc. Specialist knowledge of specific sectors is welcomed
- Demonstrated ability to drive the sales process from start to finish with particular closing capabilities
- Experience in managing long sales cycles an advantage
- Experience in an early-stage scale-up environment is an advantage
- University degree in an engineering, science or commerce related field and/or MBA is desirable but not essential
Skills and capabilities
- Adept in client relationship building, strong commercial acumen, excellent marketing and business development skills
- Hands-on approach, flexible, “can do attitude” with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Values driven, recognises the environmental, social and economic value in reducing emissions, seeing it not as a cost to the business but as a value-creation opportunity from all perspectives.
- Collaborative mindset: the role involves working closely alongside the technical team in a mutually supportive approach
- Skilled at communicating effectively and breaking complex processes down to core essentials; ability to engage across functions from junior to C-suite levels of an organisation
- Proactive, tenacious, optimistic, solution oriented, resilient, and persuasive
- Financially literate; ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong leadership skills and someone who thrives in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel, and familiar with navigating CRM /sales tools.
- Excellent command of English. An additional European language is a bonus
**This role offers a competitive overall package with an attractive bonus structure and equity shares. **
For a confidential discussion, please contact
Estelle Davis or email Brightwater Executive or click the apply button below.