Director of Operations (DOO)
About the Company
EM3 provide expert support and consultancy services in industrial energy management. Using energy data and innovative methods they distil big data to identify and quantify inefficiencies in manufacturing processes and utilities. EM3 combine their training and education, years of experience, innovative thinking, and their extensive knowledge of the industrial sector with a passion for energy efficiency and smart solutions. This enables EM3 to deliver optimised sustainable projects for their clients.
About the Position
**Brightwater Executive is retained exclusively for this Director of Operations role**
The Director of Operations is the EM3 Operational Thought Leader with accountability for overall operations process, morale, productivity, motivation, governance, revenue & profit, and growth objectives.
This will involve the planning and scheduling of work to meet client’s needs and ensuring the services are delivered on-time, to the right standard and on budget. The work involves the optimum assignment of personnel, motivated and clearly instructed on the expectations of their work. It also includes the driving of continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
It includes the ownership of the EM3 quality system, and the development of operational management systems. It also includes delivering budgeted margin on services and driving new business through excellence in service delivery and innovation.
The DOO will report directly to the CEO, the role will be spilt into Energy Management and Project Management.
Location: Ireland – Hybrid. 2-3 days from EM3 office Charleville, Co Cork.
- The DOO must display maturity, leadership, team building, deep technology knowledge, and be able demonstrate the benefits of EM3 for the purpose of business development.
- The DOO must set standards, maintain standards, use business metrics to derive insights, set a work ethic, be honest and forthright with staff, seek to extract the very best from the team.
- The DOO must be a clear verbal and written communicator, with excellent financial literacy, a developed business acumen, with good networking skills and relationships through our customer base. They must understand the purpose of messages and have an instinct for delivering meaning efficiently.
- DOO should have an honours technical degree or masters with ideally an MBA and previous experience in similar role and/or similar size organisation.
- Should have one strong business mentor and several strong personal alliances to advance their business maturity and connectivity.
- Technical engineering background in Industrial / Energy
- Commercially savvy
- Mature leadership style
- Ability to manage upwardly to C level and board
- Ability to work in the trenches and build / shape the organisation
- Selling a service versus a product - our skillset is our people
- Must have strong communications and leadership skill set
Competitive Base and Benefits package
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact: Alan Finnegan or email or click the apply button below