Oracle DevOps Engineer- 6 Month Daily Rate Contract
About the Company
My client is one of the largest and most successful banks in the world, with offices in Dublin.
Their Technology division delivers technology services across the bank’s eight lines of business that serve individuals, companies and institutions. The team also focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management.
About the Position
The Oracle DevOps Engineer will join the Finance Technology team, based in Dublin with a proven track record working on large scale multi-year enterprise technology programs/projects. This position is for an experienced DevOps developer with a strong ability to build business-critical systems with a keen eye on stability and performance.
You will be working on delivering a strategic technology platform which has an exciting roadmap of future enhancements.
Reporting to the Technology lead in Dublin, the DevOps Engineer will be dedicated and have knowledge base and know how to support tools and integrations in the SDLC Platforms & Solutions Delivery Management (SDM) Pipeline. Address all configuration issues for the development team’s applications within the tools. In this role you will need a strong aptitude for communicating complex processes in an educational manner.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create and manage runbooks/playbooks
- Leverage CI and CD tools to automate development and deployment process
- Operate in an Agile & fast-paced environment
- Infrastructure planning and management
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Must have understanding of SDLC and Jenkins Pipeline
- Strong technical skills in Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Datical & Subversion.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD applications and automated build and deploy configuration and processes. Datical, Jenkins and Ansible experience required.
- Must have experience of Oracle database deployment automation or other major relational database platforms
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices (Scrum) and experience in working in Agile environment
- Able to support clients in a fast paced environment in critical situations.
- Able to meet all expected SLA’s
- Experience in managing infrastructure migration projects (Oracle Databases to Exadata Service)
- Experience with supporting end users and providing assistance to users based on established processes.
- Proficient in scripting skills (PL/SQL) – for large scale databases, including index strategies, partitioning, performance tuning, optimization and stored procedures.
- Able to manage multiple test environments
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Results focused
- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripts and Autosys Job Scheduler
- Data modelling and database design skills
- Experience in web UI technologies (C#, ASP.NET and .NET Framework and TFS build automation)
- Exposure to Regulatory reporting systems
- Previous experience at a Bank would be beneficial (but not essential) with experience in finance, treasury or capital markets
€450-€600 per day depending on experience.
Please contact Charlie Bigger on 01 5927861 or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website: www.brightwater.ie