Software Development Manager
About the Company
My client is a highly successful, dynamic, international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. The employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity, and knowledge, which enable the client to maintain their position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Based in Cork, the Global Software Product Research and Development Centre is responsible for the creation of innovative, high quality software tools. Their highly skilled workforce specialize in: Research and Advanced Development Product Development Mobile Development Cloud Computing. The profile within the Software team includes: Software Architects, Software Developers, Software Testers, Requirements Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches.
About the Position
This client contributes to the development of innovative industry leading software products that provide the human interface into the control of industrial automation systems. There is now an excellent opportunity for a Software Development Manager to lead multiple teams of talented software professionals in a challenging and rewarding professional environment. The employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain their position as one of the leading brands in safety.
- Responsible for managing multiple software development teams in terms of efficiency, cost, quality and value delivered to the organisation
- Product release planning and management
- Product release cost planning and controlling
- Working closely with departments such as; Hardware/Firmware Development, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Support, Technical Documentation and Senior Management in relation to product vision, road-map development, release planning, dependency management, support issues, progress reporting/escalation etc.
- Working closely with Technology/Function leadership team to ensure implementation of technology
- Working closely with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to increase team velocity and value delivered
- Personnel and performance management of development team members including career growth and personal development
- Recruiting top talent to build a strong team in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Proven track record of producing high quality software, on time
- Experience leading teams to ensure successful delivery
- Ability to communciate effctively at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to listen, influence and lead teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse teams within the organization
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and developing technical individuals throughout their career
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience with public or private cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies and lean product development
- Experience working within an Agile environment using the Scrum Framework
- Extensive working with Agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
- Experience working with Product Management and Product Owners to groom backlogs
- Experience working with Scrum Masters to manage and mitigate risks and impediments.
- Degree in computer science or IT/Software Development/Engineering related field
- 8+ years Software Development experience
- 2+ years Software Development Management or Program Management experience
A competitive salary along with a truly outstanding benefits package is on offer to the right candidate. Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program, Pension package, Flexible Working and a range of policies to support your needs.
Please contact Charlie Bigger on 01 5927861 or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website: www.brightwater.ie