GL Accounting Manager
About the Company
Leading city centre based educational body require a GL Accounting Lead to join their team. Commercial role with flexible hybrid working.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver high quality financial expertise to support the areas performance commitments and to make a dynamic contribution in the provision of a responsive, effective, and user-friendly financial support service for the organisation and other stakeholders
General Ledger Data Processing & Month End Close Management
• Month-end processes including General Ledger close, balance sheet reconciliations (incl. Accounts Payable, Payroll, Financial Accounting, inter-company eliminations, accruals, prepayments) all to strict timelines.
• Supporting quarterly analytical reviews of income and expenditure accounts
Financial Systems & Processes Continuous Improvement Strategy:
• Manage the development, maintenance and delivery of appropriate training supports for the organisations end users around Oracle General Ledger
• Leading and proactively recommending improvements in the financial systems to drive ongoing data accuracy, process efficiency and tighter internal controls.
• Using project management skills to support any project deliverables across the Financial & Management accounting team.
Annual Audit & Ad hoc Support
• Supporting the organisation’s annual audit process.
• Assisting with the preparation of year-end financial statements
Project & People Management:
• Leading and managing a team, prioritising work, coaching, and supporting staff to ensure cross functional support within their immediate team and the wider Financial and Management accounting team
Fully qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA
Knowledge and Experience:
• Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in a similar role, in a medium to large organisation.
• Knowledge and strong experience in an Oracle or other computerised accounting environment essential
• Previous team management experience is essential
To discuss this role further or other accountancy jobs please contact Jean O'Donovan on 01 5927846 or by email or click the apply button
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie