The 2016 Salary Survey is here!
14 Dec 2015
Details and insight to ensure that no matter if you’re a job-seeker who wants to know your worth or represent a company interested in current market rates, you will get up to date information about the Irish job market.
Here at Brightwater we’ve been doing an annual Salary Survey since 2002. Each year, weeks of preparation go into getting all of the details and insight to ensure that no matter if you’re a job-seeker who wants to know your worth or represent a company interested in current market rates, you will get up to date information about the Irish job market.
Where did it start?
Back in 2002, at the heart of the jobs boom, clients and candidates repeatedly expressed their wish to have some guidelines about what was a reasonable salary in employment. We listened and sent the finished document out to our clients and candidates who found it so useful that they shared it with their own contacts and soon we were inundated with requests for a copy. Fast forward to 2003 and we felt it would be interesting to see if there was still as strong interest in accessing the Salary Survey – needless to say the rest is history as it is one of our most sought after publications every year.
The report looks into median salary for each sector that Brightwater caters to – Accountancy, Banking, Engineering, Executive, HR, IT, Legal and Taxation. Additionally, Brightwater management provide insight gathered during the course of the year from their interactions with clients and candidates.
- Outlook for Ireland is positive now and for the years to come
- Staff retention is costly in terms of budget AND effort but is extremely necessary in order to employ the best.
- Unemployment down to 8.9%.
- Employment is up 2.9% (to 1.983 million). GDP 2015 predictions were for 4% growth, but we will beat that! 2016 and 2017 will see growth continue at similar levels.
- Average salary in ROI is now €33,000. Taxes remain high, but the consumer price index has dropped.
- Growth is particularly notable across almost all our sectors including Banking, Engineering, Funds, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Taxation.
- Finance and Insurance saw slower growth although Q4 has given indications that these areas have also returned to growth.
- We have found growth of between 2% and 10% with benefits also increasing and flexi-packages more frequently seen.
- Health and well-being benefits are still valuable, as is more flexible working environment and hours with options to work from home a distinct advantage for many.
Download our Salary Survey here.
Check out our blog for a full range of useful tools for today’s job-seeker including the Salary Survey, Salary Calculator and interview and CV tips to get you ahead of the game.
For employers, we provide a resource centre including our own Client Charter and the Agency Workers Regulations Ireland at-a-glance: http://www.brightwater.ie/employers